You will bring up new hardware (silicon chips) and create low-level software running on x86 and ARMv8 devices in order to boot ChromiumOS and Linux. You will be porting and adapting bootloaders (coreboot, UEFI), writing device drivers and bare-metal firmware components, making sure they are rock solid and compliant with industry standards for interoperability.
- Understanding computer architecture (CPU, I/O, cache)
- Fluency in C code development and debugging
- Low level coding and bring-up experience
- x86 or ARM assembly experience
- Handling of standard UNIX shell utilities and tools like GCC, GDB, GIT
AMD64, ARM, ARMv8, Bare metal, Bootstrap, Bring-up, C, ChromeOS, ChromiumOS, Coreboot, Drivers, EDK2, FDT (Flattened Device Tree), JTAG, Kernel, Linux, PCIe, RTOS, SATA, Secure boot, Tianocore, U-Boot, UEFI, USB, Virtualization, x86